Wednesday 9 December 2009

Cover Letter

This is just a sample cover letter. This is not my address or telephone number. You can copy parts of the letter and make your own.


Ibrahim Mohamed
3/22 Howard Street,
Box Hill, 3128
Tel: 9876 5432
Mob: 04123 567 890

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing in regards to your advertisment for a kitchen hand on the Age newspaper on Saturday 12th May, 2009. I believe my experience and work ethics make me suitable for this job.

I am interested in working in the health and aged care industry. I have recently completed Certificate I in Hospitality at AMES in Box Hill. The course included two weeks of work placement at ....................

I wish to apply for any full-time, part-time or casual position in the food preparation and delivery area.

My skills and experience relevant to this position are as follows:
  • Three years experience working at Stars Hotel in Hong Kong.
  • Dealing effectively, pleasantly and professionally with customers.
  • Excellent time management skills.
  • Good leadership skills.
I have indcluded my resume for your consideration.

I would welcome the opportunity to further dicuss my experience and resume details at any time you see suitable.

Looking forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Yours sincerely,




Ibrahim Mohamed