Tuesday 15 May 2007

Car Theft

Many cars get stolen every day. Last year nearly 15,000 cars were stolen in Victoria. I do not want my car to be stolen. I paid a lot of money to buy my car. I don’t want anyone to come and take it away. My friend is a policeman. He gave me some advice. I want to share it with you. I do not want your car to be stolen. My friend said to me:

Don’t leave expensive things inside your car like money, laptops, gold, etc. You can take these things with you. A thief can break the window and steal them.

When you go to the petrol station to fill up your tank, make sure you lock your door when you go to pay.

Close the windows of the car and make sure the doors are locked before you leave your car.

Do not leave your address in the car. The thief can go to your house and steal things because he knows you are not at home at that time.

Do not leave any spare car key inside the car.

Make sure you have car insurance. This will help you to get money if your car is stolen.

Do not start the car motor and leave the car and go inside your house. The police can give you a fine for doing this. A thief can drive your car and you will never see it again.

Install an alarm in your car. This will keep your car safe. The alarm will make a loud sound if anyone tries to open the door or steal things from the car.

Park your car in a garage. Do not leave your car in a dark street.

If your car is stolen, let the police know about it at once. Do not wait for some time.

The police have cameras installed in the streets. They can locate your car and arrest the thief.
.
.

No comments: