Friday 28 August 2009

Natasha

My name is Natasha. I come from Russia. I am 25 years old and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I have been living in Melbourne for one year. Before that I lived all my life in Moscow. Moscow is the capital city of Russia. I was a student at a big university. I studied science there.

In my study I used the internet to do some research. My problem was that I could not speak English very well. A friend of mine told me about chatting on the internet. I started to talk to people using my computer and I made some friends in different countries. One day I met a man from Australia.

I was happy because I wanted to improve my English. We started to talk every evening on the internet. We chatted for hours and hours. He asked me about my address in Moscow. I gave him my address and after five days I got a big surprise. He came to Moscow to meet me. I met him for the first time and my heart started beating fast. He was tall and handsome.

We fell in love and got married in Moscow. At that time my English was not that good but we could understand each other. My father and mother were very sad because I would live in a different country. I promised to visit them every year. I came to live in Australia three months later after I finished my university study. I started to go to English classes at AMES in the city. I improved my grammar a lot and also my writing skills. Because I speak English with my husband at home my English language is improving quickly. My husband does not speak Russian. When I have children, I want them to speak both English and Russian.

I will finish my English classes in three weeks’ time. After that I want to get a job. I will have to do a short course in hospitality. When the time is right, I want to go back to uni and study again. I know that getting an Australian qualification is very important to get a good job. I will study hard and at the same time enjoy my life with my husband.
Click on the magnifying glass after you finish the test to get feedback on your answers

No comments: