Wednesday 8 December 2010

Ibrahim's Class

Here are some of the things that my students told me about my teaching style a few days before the class ended. I would like to share them with you.

What did you like in Ibrahim's class?
I liked: 
The worksheets that you gave us in class.
The interactive exercises you showed us on the internet.
The explanation of the lessons.
The resources on the internet.
Learning by doing things in class.
Replying to students' emails any time.
Explaining the meaning of words.
The tempo.
Explaining things in Arabic to Arabic-speaking students.
Summaries were good because they pushed us to learn.
You gave us useful web sites to learn English.
Updated information and topics.

What didn't you like in Ibrahim's class?
A few minutes late on some occasions.
Too many summaries to be emailed by students each week. 

Suggestions:
Work in ILC be a continuation to a topic started in class.

From Ibrahim to Class EL1D Students
Thanks very much for the wonderful time I've spent teaching you at VU. I really enjoyed being inside class with you. I've had the chance to meet students from countries that I have never taught anyone from before like Kuwait.

I would like to thank the students who sent me an email every day with their work to have a look at. I think they have worked hard and improved their English a lot. I wish all of you the best in your furure courses. You can still use my blog to learn more English in the future even when you go on holiday overseas.

I will miss all of you when I have my holiday next week. I am sure I will see you in the building sometime next year when I come back to teach here again. Until then, all the best from me.