Friday 28 May 2010

Best Movie

I went to the cinema for the first time when I was in year one. I couldn't read fast and the movie was in English. It had subtitles but I still couldn't read the whole lines because they were disappearing fast. I could understand the story though. My two elder brothers helped me understand the movie because they could read well. The movie was called " I am an Orphan". This was the name in Arabic. I am not sure what the original English title of the movie. The cinema ticket cost one cent at that time. There were special offers to schools and sometimes schools offered students ticket for half a cent back then. Yes, there was a coin in my country that was half a cent back then. I can't remember what the film was about because this was nearly 36 years ago.
I saw many good movies but there are some of them that stand out. Titanic was the biggest movie I have ever seen. I haven't seen Avatar but many people told me it is a fantastic one.
When I went to middle school, my favourite movie was called Omar Mukhtar. It was in English but there was a version that was dubbed in Arabic too. The film was about a Libyan resistance leader whose name was Omar Mukhtar. For twenty years he fought the Italians who invaded his country. In the end he was arrested and the Italians hanged him when he was 72 years old.
Most of the big film productions take place in America. Apparently, the film industry is very big there. There is a big film industry in India too. Indian film makers spend a lot of money on producing high-quality movies but the problem is language. That is why they don't have a big share of the market like other big companies that produce English movies.
The latest Indian movie I saw is called "My Name is Khan". It's such a good movie and parts of it were filmed in America. The film was about an Indian man who suffered from a mental illness that affected the way he interacted with others. It also showed the suffering he went through in America because of his religion. The movie also discussed freedom of speech in different cultures. It showed how a successful marriage collapsed because of poletics and how a young boy was killed because of his name.