Tuesday 18 May 2010

Newspaper Article Summary 7

This post is for my students at VU only. Please read the article here and send me your summary. I am pleased with some of the summaries you have sent. It is clear that some students need to do a lot of work to improve their English. This is your time to talk to your teachers and ask them any questions you like. They will help you improve your English by directing your efforts in the right direction. Please feel free to email me any time if you need help with your English. Also remember that in learning a new language, most of the work is done by the student (not the teachers as is the case in some countries).

Also remember to use cause and effect words when you type your summaries.

It is also very important to read my presentation sheet on smoking (the one we did in class). Please follow the steps of giving a presentation. You have got two worksheets on that. I want you to follow the steps to deliver a good presentation.

I am so sorry I haven't added the tests to the blog posts. They take a lot of time. I will do so before I see you in class.

All the best.

Teacher Ibrahim Mohamed