Friday 12 November 2010

Academic Summary 1 (12/11/2010)

This post is for my students at VU. Sorry I haven't uploaded the links earlier. Before you start typing your summary, please look at this post:

http://imohamed.blogspot.com/2010/05/academic-summary.html

I am sure it has all the relevant information that you'll need to write a good summary. Remember that writing an academic summary may not be the same as in your own country but it is always good to try and learn something new.

After you finish reading the post, please read the article carefully and write a summary of about 10 to 15 lines. Do not copy and paste from the text. I want you to use your language as much as you can.

Before you go to the link, can you please ask yourself the following question; "Is my English good Enough?" If you are not 100% sure that your English is of very high standard, you can go to one of the web sites I gave you in class and do a couple of listening tasks to work on improving your English. If you are in a hurry and have no time, it is time to think about spending a few hours everyday online doing more and more lessons daily.

Anyhow, enough talking and let's go to the article.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/desperate-afghan-women-seek-fiery-end-20101108-17kgs.html

If you have any questions, email me.