Monday 22 November 2010

My First Day in Australia

This is a sample recount done in class with my certificate II students. It was a lot of fun.

I arrived at Melbourne Airport at 11.30 at night. First of all, I felt very tired because I had travelled for about ten hours. I didn’t sleep on the plane because there was a baby crying nearby my seat.
After I arrived, I was very excited because I met my husband. I carried my luggage to the car and we drove off. I saw many beautiful houses. The streets were quiet and clean. I felt very comfortable and happy.
We arrived home after 40 minutes. First of all, I took a shower. Then, I had a meal with my husband. I ate a lot of Chinese food because I was hungry. My husband was happy too because he missed me very much. He cooked delicious seafood and pasta.
We had one glass of wine and my husband got drunk and he fell asleep. I turned on my TV and fell asleep too because I was very tired.
In the morning, I prepared breakfast for us. I put on some romantic music. My husband didn’t go to work because he wanted to stay with me.
We went out to do some shopping at Westfield shopping centre in Doncaster. He boguth me some red roses. He also bought me a beautiful diamond ring and a gold watch. He said “I will love you forever.” I felt very happy and he felt happy too.
We had some chocolate drinks at a coffee shop and did some shopping together. One of our friends invited us to have dinner at his place. We left our home at 6 o’clock in the evening and went to his lovely house.
We met other friends there and I had a welcome-home party. The main food was seafood again. We drank Chinese white wine and my husband drank too much. He became drunk again and started singing out loud.
One neighbour knocked at the door and told us to keep it quiet. We didn’t care about the neighbour so he called the police.
A policman came and arrested my husband. I was very upset but my husband was still singing.
In the morning, when he woke up, he apologized to the policeman and they let him go home.
In the end, my husband said he would never drink too much again. We went out to celebrate his freedom. He bought me a nice dress and a new BMW and a new house.
I was very happy to come back to Australia.