Monday 29 November 2010

Sample Writing

This task was done in class by my certificate II students from AMES. It is a recount (story) about someone's life. Remember that I will ask you to write a recount of 100 words to pass one test.

I got married in China when I was 25 years old. I met my husband at a restaurant. My friend introduced my husband to me when we were at the restaurant. I was wearing a beautiful red dress. I felt a little shy when I met my husband for the first time.


He was wearing a new pair of jeans. His pants were so tight. I thought he could take care of me and I trusted him. He looked very handsome and gentle.

He couldn’t speak good Chinese because he was Korean. He recommended some delicious food to me. First of all, we ate some delicious beef. After that, we went to the cinema. I lost my purse at the cinema and started to cry because there were very important cards inside my purse.
He was worried too. He looked under the seat and found my purse. I felt so happy and gave him a very long kiss and we fell in love.

He asked me to marry him and I asked for one week to think about it. I also needed to ask my parents’ permission.

One week later, my parents met him when he went to my home. He bought me some flowers and a diamond ring. The ring was so beautiful and expensive. He knelt down and asked me to marry him. I said “Yes”.

We married at a 5 star hotel in Shanghai called Four Seasons. I invited 300 guests to attend my wedding. He invited three people. His parents and young sister.
After the wedding, we travelled on our honeymoon to visit Bali, America and France. I felt very happy and we took many beautiful photos.

I put many photos on my Facebook page for my friends to see.

I fell pregnant after a few months. I stopped working and read some books on how to look after the new baby. I bought many baby toys and clothes.

We moved to live in Korea and I lived with my husband’s parents. His mother was very kind to me. She cooked delicious Korean food for me every day but sometimes I felt unhappy because I missed my family in China and my husband and I went out to a nearby pub. I got used to living in Korea after some time and I liked it a lot. Korean people are very friendly and nice.

My husband got a chance to work in Australia. He got a better job at work. We moved to Melbourne and bought a new house and a new car. I also gave birth to my first twin baby daughters.

I went to AMES to learn English at Box Hill. My teacher’s name is Ibrahim and he is very friendly and helpful. I worked hard on improving my English.

I started making new friends from different countries but most of the students came from China. One of my friends is Korean and they are kind.

Two of my close friends are from China. They are very beautiful and clever.

After a few months, I went to university to study accounting. I finished my course after three years and worked hard to set up my own business. I made a lot of money after a short time and employed 20 people to work for me. I bought two petrol stations and a hotel in the city. Every year, we take my children to visit their grandparents in China and Korea. I feel very happy and enjoy my life.