Tuesday 16 February 2010

Can I see the doctor?

Good afternoon. Family Medical Centre. Tamara speaking. How can I help you?
Oh, good afternoon. My name is Irina Smith.
What can I do for you, Mrs Smith?
I'd like to have an appointment to see Dr Douglas, please.
I'm afraid Dr Douglas is fully booked out for today.
Oh, I see. I just wanted to see him to get the results of an ultra sound that I had yesterday at Box Hill Hospital. They told me they would fax the results to him.
I'm afraid there is nothing I can do to make you able to see Dr Douglas. He took yesterday off and that is why he is too busy today.
I see. When is the first appointment that I can have then?
If you give me a moment, please. Well, you can see him at 2.30 tomorrow if you like.
Oh, I will be at work then. Can we make it a little bit later, please?
Yes, what time do you finish work?
I finish work at 4.30.
I can book you in for 4.45. Will that be Ok with you?
Yes, that will be fine.
Just make sure to be here on time because we finish at 5.
I know. I will do my best. I will try to leave work 10 minutes early in case there is any traffic jam on the way.
That's fine. Now Mrs Smith I will confirm your appointment for 4.45 tomorrow.
Thanks very much. I appreciate it.
Not at all. Have a good afternoon.
You too. Bye.
Bye.