Friday 12 February 2010

Looking After a Child

Hello.
Oh, hi, Mary. It's Norma here. How are you?
Not too bad, Norma. How are things?
Very busy. I have had a lot of work at the office lately and can't wait to go on holiday.
Are you going on holiday soon?
Not soon. I will get my annual leave in two months. Can't wait to have some rest.
You are a very busy woman, Norma. It's been two weeks since we met.
Yes, I know. Things have been crazy lately. We have had a new boss and she is putting everyone under stress to meet deadlines. We need to finish a lot of work before she starts screaming at us. I think she is mad or something.
What a horrible boss you are talking about. Is she for real?
Sadly yes. Everyone misses our former boss now. She had to resign to look after her sick husband. It was very good back then.
Oh, that's too bad. I hope every thing is OK for her.
I hope so too. Look I need to ask you a favour.
Sure thing. What do you want me to do?
I want you to look after my daughter Elizabeth for a few hours if you can.
It depends what day you want me to look after her.
Oh, it's next Thursday. I have a very important ceremony to attend.
Ceremony? What ceremony are you talking about?
A graduation ceremony. My son is finishing primary school and there is a graduation night at school. All the parents will be there.
Oh, I almost forget he is going to high school very soon.
Time flies.
Sure thing. Are you talking about Thursday next week?
Yes, Thursday next week.
Well you are in luck. I don't have any thing to do on Thursday and am happy to have your daughter for as long as the graduation ceremony will take.
Oh, thank you very much.
Not a problem. Have fun at the ceremony and give my best to Mark.
I will. See you later.
Bye.