Tuesday 16 February 2010

Do You Want to be Rich?

I got an email from someone that I don't know. This person wants to give me more than 15 million dollars for free. He told me a story that was too good to be true. He said that there was an American doctor who died in a plane crash in 2003. His wife died in the crash too. They didn't have any children. The doctor was a wealthy person and he had a lot of money at a bank in Burkina Faso.
Burkina Faso is one of the poorest countries in the world. It is in Africa. The man who sent the email said that nobody knew about the money at the bank and he wanted to give it to someone who lived abroad. He was offering me the money because I am a foreigner. I am not sure how he got my email address. I don't know anybody in Burkina Faso.
Well, I am not interested in this money because it does not exist. I don't believe the story in the first place. When I send a reply to that person, he will ask me to send him money to be able to transfer the money to my account in Australia.
After that he will send me an email telling me that the police knew about the money and will blame me for it. After losing a few thousand dollars, I will not get any cent transferred to my account. In fact I will not get any money at all. I wonder how many people will get the same email and start contacting that guy.
I always get similar email messages from people that I don't know. Some of the emails come from Russia. There is always a different story each time. If you get one of these email messages, delete it at once. Don't send your bank account details to people you don't know or trust.
The first person who tricked thousand of people and asked them to send him their bank details was a man from Nigeria. He used to send letters to people around the world. Those people got letters in the mail and read them. Some of those people dreamed of becoming rich without having to work. They contacted the Nigerian man and ended up losing their money.