Friday 26 February 2010

Booking a Hotel Room

Good morning. Central Melbourne Hotel. Sarah speaking.
Oh, good morning, Sarah. My name is Tom Lee. I am calling from China.
What can I do for you, Mr lee?
I am attending a conference in Melbourne next week and I would like to book 10 rooms for my group, please.
Sure thing. What days would you like to book the rooms for?
From Wednesday 14th to Sunday 19th. Can you please give me some information about your hotel?
Yes, we are centrally located in Melbourne's CBD.
What does the CBD mean? I don't understand.
The CBD means the Central Business District. This is where all the major companies are.
What else can you tell me about the hotel?
The hotel is fairly new. It was built in 2008. We have 150 well-sized guest rooms. All of our room have LCD flat-screen TVs and satellite channels. Many of our rooms have a spa bath.
Are you close to public transport?
Yes, the train station is a short walk from the hotel. There are also bus and tram stops less than 200 metres away.
Can you tell me how much it costs per single room, please?
The rate is $200 per night. You check in after 2 o'clock in the afternoon. The check-out time is before 10 o'clock in the morning.
That's fine. Do you have internet connection at the hotel?
We have wireless internet available in the entire hotel and it costs $8 per hour.
How much do we have to pay for children?
Children under 1 year stay free of charge. Children under 2 years are charged $5 per night. Older children are charged $45 per night for extra beds.
Do you have a fitness centre?
Yes, we do. We have a big one on the 9th floor. We also provide other services. We can also serve breakfast in bed if you like. We can help with car rental, faxing and photocopying. 
What about pets?
I am sorry. Pets are not allowed in the hotel.
Oh, I see. How can we pay for the booking?
You can pay by credit card or in cash when you come. You can use the hotel's web site to do the booking. If you do so, you will need to pay using a credit card. We will send you an email confirming the booking and giving you more details about the hotel.
What happens if someone from my group would like to cancel the booking?
If he or she chooses to cancel the booking three days before the date of arrival, there will be no charge. If they cancelled later on, the first night will be charged. This means $200, Mr Lee.
I just wanted to know.  This is all I need to know for now. I will have a look on your web site and see what I can do.
Not a problem. Is there any thing else you'd like to know, Mr Lee?
No. Thank you very much. That's all. You've been very helpful.
You're welcome, Mr Lee.