Thursday 11 February 2010

The Wrong Book

Good afternoon. Thomas and Young Bookshop. Sam speaking. How can I help you?
Oh, good afternoon. My name is Rob Smith. I am one of your customers.
Yes, Mr Smith. What can I do for you?
I went to your bookshop in Collins Street in the city yesterday and bought a computer book called Windows 7 - A Beginner's Guide. I paid by credit card. The young lady in the shop put the book in a paper bag and I took it home. When I went home, I opened the bag and found a totally different book.
What do you mean a different book?
I found a cooking book. I didn't find my computer book. I don't know what happened to my book.
Oh, I see. I am sorry. This must be a mistake.
I can understand that. There were many customers at the bookshop then. I am sure she didn't mean to give me the wrong book.
Thanks for your consideration, Mr Smith. I have just got a customer at the bookshop and she returned a wrong book. This was only 5 minutes ago. I am sure that lady got your book and you got hers by mistake.
What can I do now? I need to get my computer book, please.
If it is no trouble to you, could you please bring the cooking book back to us or to any branch that is close to your home and we will exchange it for the Windows 7 book for you?
Not a problem. I will be near your bookshop doing some work. I will finish at 5.30. I can come to you after that. 
Oh, I am sorry. We close at 5. Is it possible for you to come tomorrow?
Yes, I can come tomorrow but early in the morning. What time do you open?
We open at 9 o'clock.
I'll come at 9 then. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
Not at all, Mr Smith. Have a good afternoon.
You, too. Bye.
Bye and sorry for the hassle.