Monday 22 March 2010

My Holiday

You need to write a recount. A recount is a story about something that happened to you. I want you to write at least 100 words. You need to tell me when and where the events took place. You need to use some important words in your writing. You need to produce more than two paragraphs. Here is a sample that you can have a look at.
Here is a writing sample:

Last month my family and I went to Rock Beach outside Melbourne. I went there by car. We left home at 6 o’clock in the morning. It took us one hour to go there. Rock Beach is a very beautiful place to visit. We felt very happy to be there. I was a little bit tired.

It was sunny in the morning. We had a nice BBQ. The children played at a big park there. They had a lot of fun there. While I was cooking the sausages, my husband held an umbrella to protect me from the sun. He is a very caring husband.

We always go to Rock Beach because it is easy to swim there and we can do a lot of sightseeing. At 2 o’clock in the afternoon the weather started to become cold and windy. I asked the children to get out of the water and quickly get dressed.

After that we went to a restaurant near the beach to have a meal. It was a terrible one. The food was not nice and it was very expensive. At that time the children played with the ball outside. My child kicked the ball and he broke a window. The people at the restaurant were very rude to us. We had to pay $600 dollars. We were not happy about what happened.

In the end we drove home. We arrived at 7 o’clock in the evening. Everyone was tired and we went to bed early that night.