Wednesday 7 October 2009

Culture Shock - 5

Last year, my family and I came to Melbourne, Australia for the first time. I was very happy and I felt the air was very fresh and clean. Also my three children started to study in an Australia school now. The first day I arrived in Australia , I felt that the people were very kind and friendly. Melbourne’s population is high and it is a multicultural city with people coming to live here from many different countries. People who live here include Australians, Greeks, Italians, Chinese, Taiwanese, English, Japanese, Koreans, Malaysians, Indians, Singaporeans and Vietnamese. They speak different languages, but the commonly used language everywhere is English.
Most people like to live in many different suburbs because the suburbs are very quiet and clean, and it is very easy for people to travel by train, bus, tram or by cars from the outer suburbs. Still other people like to live in the city because it is very busy and easier for people to go to work.
Melbourne has many famous buildings and schools, so I think Melbourne’s cultural is very good. Education for children and adults helps their growth.  Now most people like to live in Australia a lot because it is a very comfortable, clean and quiet place to live in.
Text by student Leung Yuk Yin, (Pinky)